Sunday, April 1, 2007

What the Ferguson's do on a Saturday night

Yesterday evening Stacia and I went to the Hi-Life for dinner. I was anticipating the deliciousness they call the Marguarita Pizza. In happy hour it's only $4. I also anticipated a glass of wine. So we get there and it's not happy hour. I kinda wanna leave. Stacia wants to go to Thaiku, but the waitress is already at our table with our water, so we stay. I'm a little tired and a little grouchy because I'm hungry, and I'm being a bit of a dildo, or a "deck" as Stacia calls it (search for "Kelly Shoes" on Youtube and you'll get a feel for Stacia's lingo these days). I'm being what Stacia also refers to as "a Ferg." This is a derrivative of her nickname for me (Turd, Ferg, Mr. Ferguson, or Turd Ferguson.) This name comes from an old SNL sketch where Norm MacDonald plays Burt Reynolds on SNL's version of "Celebrity Jeopardy!" Norm's "Burt Reynolds" insists that Will Farrell's "Trebek" refer to him as Turd Ferguson because, "It's a funny name." I asked Stacia, early in our marriage to refer to me as this name, "because it's funny," and it stuck. Mostly she uses this name when I'm "being a turd."

Anyway, I was being a Ferg last night. I was just in that mood. It only took one beer and a Manhatten to get me over it, though. So we ate our dissapointing food and returned home, but not before stopping off at the store to get a gigantic bottle of wine.

So Stacia says she wants to do "something creative" and I just don't want to sit in front of the TV. So somehow in the midst of a wine haze we decide we're going to make a movie. We only have a digital camera that takes one-minute clips. So we come up with a story board, some music, and an idea, and shoot this bad-ass piece of creativity. You can view it here.

No comments: